What can I expect?
The Institute is committed to making sure students receive an unrivalled experience over the course of their two summers in the program.
Your days will include field trips to leading area companies and attractions, as well as lessons and lectures on the university campus.
Still wondering what to expect? Listed below is a partial list of what to expect throughout the SIEML program.
Your days will include breakfast and discussion with colleagues and end with wrap-up of the day and dinner with friends.
Classroom topics, workshops or cultural and site visits include:
- Industry overview – finance, negotiation, entrepreneurship, consumer products, energy and sustainability
- Career planning – defining your target market
- Honing your LinkedIn profile
- Building effective communication skills
- Resume and cover letter review
- Build interviewing skills through case interviewing workshops
- Giving effective presentations
- Leadership, ethics and values
- Business analytics
- Preparing business and economic models
- Sponsored case competition
- Building your brand
- Business etiquette
- Panel discussions with industry leaders
- Site visits at technology, consumer products, and finance companies
- Enjoy lunch or dinner with university leaders, faculty, and alumni
- Community service project (example: Habitat for Humanity)
- Cultural tour of the surrounding area
- A visit to some of the local attractions
- Free time to rest, read, visit with friends and colleagues