What can I expect?
The Institute is committed to making sure students receive an unrivaled experience over the course of their time in the program.
The week will include field trips to leading area companies and attractions, as well as lessons and lectures on the university campus.
Still wondering what to expect? Listed below is a partial list of what to expect throughout the SIEML program.
Your days will start with breakfast and discussion with colleagues and end with a wrap-up of the day and dinner with friends.
Classroom topics, workshops or cultural and site visits include:
- Industry overviews
- Career planning – defining your target market
- Honing your LinkedIn profile
- Building effective communication skills
- Resume and cover letter review
- Building interviewing skills through case interviewing workshops
- Giving effective presentations
- Leadership, ethics and values
- Business analytics
- Preparing business and economic models
- Participating in a sponsored case competition
- Building your brand
- Business etiquette
- Panel discussions with industry leaders
- Site visits at various companies
- Meals with university leaders, faculty, and alumni
- Free time to rest, read, visit with friends and colleagues